Are you looking for an easy summer recipe? Peach Caprese Salad works wonderfully for a hot, Georgia-summer day. I must admit this is actually a 15-minute non-recipe but even though the dish takes so little time to prepare it is a real stand out. This Caprese Salad is made with peaches and tomatoes. The fresh basil and honeyed goat cheese added just the right balance to the sweet of the peaches and tomatoes. It is an ingenious idea even if I do say so myself.
Fresh creamy goat cheese is drizzled over juicy yellow peach slices, thick-cut tomatoes, and lots of fresh basil leaves. It is then drizzled with good extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This is the ultimate summer meal. Light and refreshing and that unexpected hit of sweet from the peach is unbelievable. You can’t go wrong with a Caprese Salad. So light and delicious! It’s the ideal summer meal.
Peach Caprese Salad
- 4 ounces plain goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 3 large Georgia-grown yellow peaches, sliced thick
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced thick
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, removed from stems
- Georgia Olive Farm extra virgin olive oil (available at Birdie’s Market and Art and Soul)
- 1-2 tablespoons aged Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Coarse black pepper
- Layer peaches and tomatoes slices with basil on a serving tray or dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat the honey in a small bowl in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Combine goat cheese and honey and blend together. You can add a tad bit more honey if you like it a bit sweeter.
- Drizzle cheese mixture over the top of the salad. Scatter a few more fresh basil leaves on top of peaches, tomatoes, and cheese. Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top for the finishing touch.
Sweet, creamy, tangy, and fresh. There is nothing better than sweet Georgia peaches. This plate combines ALL the best things about summer. Promise me you’ll try this! It’s refreshing and tongue-tingling.
Until next time…
Eat and Enjoy!
Georgia Olive Farms
206 N Patterson St.
Art & Soul
115 West Central