Do you love to entertain and educate? Do you enjoy walks in the city? Most of all, do you like food? If so, then our opening for a food tour guide with Miss Kate's Tours is right up your alley.
Do you love to entertain and educate? Do you jump at the opportunity to speak to strangers about subjects you’re knowledgeable about? Do you enjoy walks in the city? Most of all, do you like food? If so, then our opening for a food tour guide is right up your alley. You will share your passion for food, history, and deep south charm during Miss Kate’s Tours walking tours and show our guests exactly what Valdosta has to offer. You may also provide private tours to smaller groups when requested.
- Describe points of interest, history, and architecture to small groups. Provide background and history of restaurateurs, chefs, and restaurant signature dishes.
- Provide directions to visitors who would like to check out a specific area later, and provide information related to lodging, food and other amenities.
- Monitor the behavior of the group to ensure everyone remains safe and in compliance with the rules.
- Distribute materials to the group at the end of the tour, which includes promotional items, brochures, and literature.
- Greet visitors as soon as they arrive at the start location and provide safety and instructional information prior to each tour.
- Within the bounds of Miss Kate’s Tours guidance, be willing to put own spin on tour points, such as humor and insightful commentary.
- Work with management to develop new tours and stories based on customer input and independent research.
- Collaborate with the sales team for a smooth handoff at the end of each tour.
- Maintain a positive, friendly demeanor always; maintain a terrific attitude and willingness to collaborate as part of a team.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Great public speaking and storytelling skills
- Outgoing and cheerful personality
- Previous experience with performance-based art or equivalent
- Punctual and Flexible schedule to work on weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working as a tour guide
- Required, must be 21 years of age or older
Send us an email with your resume to: email@example.com or call (229)415-8962 and we will provide you with an application. Please be sure to include your current email address and cell phone number.