Looking for something fun to do? Maybe you’re new to town. Or you live here but are having visitors. Put on your walking shoes for an entertaining and delicious way to learn about historic downtown Valdosta, its ups and downs, and the role food is playing in bringing this architectural gem back to life. You’ll sip and sample some Deep South classic flavors (often with a new twist). Of course, the tour will sprinkle in history, architecture, and culture to round out your perfect evening in the Azalea City.
Why should you choose Miss Kate’s Deep South Food Tour?
- You have to eat. The tricky part is where. Valdosta offers some amazing food, but which one is going to be the right choice? We try to help with that decision. Featuring four of Valdosta’s top dining locations, Miss Kate’s Deep South Tours did the research for you to ensure that when you dine, it’s the best the city has to offer.
- The company is owned by a food expert, Katy Valler. She takes the food scene seriously and works closely with restaurant owners, managers, and chefs in choosing each location and tasting. The tour is all about real Southern food by real Southerners.
- The walk is relatively easy. In fact, the downtown is quite walkable and the tour is just under a mile. You’re never outside the main downtown corridor, which makes finding your way around town a fun adventure.
- There’s more than just food. It feeds more than your belly — they feed your mind as well. The food ambassadors share lots of great history and fun facts about Valdosta, Lowndes County, and the state of Georgia.
- The food ambassadors are knowledgeable about the food scene, the arts and culture, and activities that are happening. Each guide interjects her/his personality into the tour, allowing guests to get to know the locals.
- Speaking of locals, this tour goes where the locals go. If you’re looking for a “touristy” tour, this isn’t it. Visit where the locals go to eat, drink, and hang out. By the end of the tour, guests will feel like they experienced the city with a friend.
The Deep South Sample and Sips is 3 hours, 4 tastings locations, 6 tastings total and covers under 1 mile. The numbers add up to a delicious time in Valdosta!
Miss Kate’s Deep South Food Eat-tinerary
Book and Table